Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend news

What a wonderful Conference weekend!!!!
I loved hearing the Prophet and Apostles of our church speak. It was just awesome!!

The score for today (so far) is:
Baby- 3
Mommy -1

Oh boy.
I've been peed on, spit up on, and had to wait til 2 pm to eat lunch.
But I ate breakfast before he did!
He's such a cutie that I guess it doesn't really matter.

This weekend we also discovered something.

Something is going on with the babe, his tummy, his skin, and nursing.
We think he's struggling with milk protein.
awesome.
On Saturday I had milk, cheese, cinnamon rolls (butter...), creamy soup, etc.
Sunday morning he had the most horrifically large diarrhea ever.
We went through 4 diapers in about 15 minutes.
Then he got this awful red rash all over his face.
Looked alot like Eczema.
And he spit up alot. And has been gassy. And didn't like eating as much as usual.
all are symptoms of food allergy.
Monday morning (today) the rash looked better, but got more red after he ate.
Then looked better before the next feeding.

So I'm pretty sure something I ate made him uncomfortable.
I really think it's dairy.
I've thought it before but I haven't done anything.
After seeing the diarrhea diaper(s) (there were 3...in a row) and the rash, I'm more convinced.
So I have enrolled myself into the "No dairy while breastfeeding club."
At least for now.
I'm really hoping it'll help.
He doesn't seem too upset or bothered by things. But it bothers me.

That's my news. I don't have much else to report except that I hope we sell our couches this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment