Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bath time!...for my camera?

Why is it okay for chubby babies to show their belly buttons, but not adults?

...oh yeah, because they're so much more cute!

Today was a very eventful bath day.
This was taken while the sink was filling with warm water.
...for the second time.

The first time around, my dear, sweet baby decided the water was perfect temperature...
for pooping.
On my hand.
In the sink.
On his sponge.
Sick.

I yanked him out. Drained the sink. Cleaned the sponge. And filled the sink back up with water while I cleaned his nakey shakey bum.
I put him back in the nice, warm, water.
This time it was the perfect temperature...
for peeing.
On his face.


I wiped it off his face, chuckled, and continued forward.
A little pee in the tub never hurt anyone.
Kids always pee in water.
Tubs, pools, lakes...
It's healthy. Good for the skin I think.

I thought I should document this fun bath day on film, so I had my camera handy.
An image flashed through my mind:
camera falls in sink and never works again. pictures lost.
I brushed it aside, deciding to be extra careful.


This face (and body) was too cute not to photograph!
When bath time was over, I carefully placed the camera on the counter.
Baby splashed. Then slid.
Hand swooped in at lightening speed to prevent baby drownage.


Camera was picked up in swooping, lightening speed hand.
Camera drownage was unpreventable.
Camera took the plunge.
It did not survive.
Camera is now sitting in a bag of rice.
The SD card made it out alive.
Hallelujah.

Good thing my birthday is on the 27th of this month. Anyone want to contribute to a new camera fund? 
Or perhaps just suggestions for a new, good quality, inexpensive, point and shoot I can add to my birthday list.
Farewell hopes of new clothing that fits...

At least I'm really great about laughing about things like this.
...in the moment anyway.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your camera. That just stinks! Hopefully the rice will work and it will be resurrected. It's Easter time, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get either an olympus or fuji waterproof camera! they start at around $170 at costco and sams. fuji is at costco, olympus is at sam's. that's what i say. you could also get them on amazon i'm sure. the more expensive ones are $300, that's what i have.

    i'm excited for sink baths again:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my Kodak easy share it is the M753 model.It is only 7 mega pixels but the newer ones are like 10 not that you really need anything over 7 or 8 unless you are printing large pictures. It is rechargable...charges when hooked by usb cord to the computer. It is under $100, the battery lasts FOREVER (I maybe charge it like 1 time every month or two)Also it takes a regular SD card. (most Sony camera's don't so watch out for that)Anyway I thought I would share because I LOVE my camera and have had it for about 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cameras I know nothing about. I did however crack up at this story. And the little modesty star covering up the baby junk. Too stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. darn! so did your camera totally die? that's a bummer... hopefully you can find a good deal on a decent camera. try amazon or sams club/costco.

    ReplyDelete