Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kansas City LDS Temple Dedication

Because of our recent "escape from life" road trip, I had the unique and wonderful opportunity to time our arrival back in Kansas City perfectly.

We were in town for the Kansas City LDS Temple Dedication.

I got to go.
It was so surreal.

Mom and I went to the 12:00 session on Sunday, May 6, 2012.
It was glorious.
Uplifting.
Magnificent.

Everything I needed to hear and feel at that point in my life.
There was so much emphasis on eternal marriage, families, covenants, temple attendance, and enduring trials.
All of it rang true deep in my heart.
Especially when Elder Holland was quoted as saying: "When I think of heaven, it wouldn't be heaven without my wife and children." 
His talk was my favorite. He spoke of trials, personal revelation, and the concept that faith will always prevail, as long as we endure, put our trust in God, and remember that He is there.
I hope to find a copy of that talk.

5 years ago I never imagined I would be able to attend an open house tour and dedication of a temple just 40 minutes away from home in the near future.
It fills my heart with joy when I think about the reality of the temple now.
I came away from the session with a renewed sense of hope, strength, and reminder of what is right.
I am thrilled at the prospect of attending that temple when I am in town.
For now, I need to remember the eternal importance of temple attendance and utilize the present blessing we have of a temple 15 minutes away.

Kansas City Missouri Mormon Temple

I also just came across this beautiful and inspiring article about the Cultural Celebration the night before. Check it out. If anyone knows where I can find a video recording of the celebration so I can see it, please share!!





2 comments:

  1. They usually make a DVD of it. I heard all the youth who participated in it will be getting a copy of the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Yeah, the church normally puts out a dvd. If Landon was in it he will get a copy; maybe your parents can order additional copies for you guys?

    ReplyDelete