Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dream, crash, picture

I had a dream about an ex-boyfriend last night.

No, not like a weird, lovey, dream.
I'm not like that.

It was more of a "I woke up and felt empowered because he was a jerk" dream.

This is how it went:

I was at church (yes, odd), and he came up and said hi and started to chat. Near the end of the conversation he said something like "I heard you're planning on running a 5k tomorrow." Which I responded "Yes, and actually I'll be running a 5k, a 10k, and a 1/2 marathon by the end of the year."
him: "Oh, really? Don't do it."
me: "What? Why not?"
"Because you can't."
(with a glare in my eye) "You should know me well enough to know that when people tell me I can't, guess what I tell them? Watch me."


Then I stormed off and woke up, feeling extremely empowered.
Why? Because I love it when people tell me I can't do something. I love proving them wrong. So I got up and ran 3 miles. And it felt great. Amazing actually.

Running is really very addictive.

In other news, remember when I posted this update on my facebook?: "Today I'm grateful for resilient children, immediate openings at the doctor's office, and priesthood blessings. Today was just the beginning of what I'm sure to be in the future are many, many, visits to the doctor for injuries. Just glad it wasn't the ER today!" 


I thought I would clarify a little, just because. My dear son decided to take a nose dive front flip head first out of a shopping cart at Aldi. It was really rather...fun? Actually, mostly incredibly embarrassing and very scary. Thankfully, his forehead hit the bottom rack of the cart before he flipped on his back and landed on the floor. If the bottom rack hadn't broken his fall, it might have been much worse. Of course a goose egg puffed up right away, and he screamed bloody murder for a couple minutes. About 10 people decided they needed to tell me to take him to a doctor. Actually, more like "take him to the emergency room, RIGHT NOW!" That was really annoying because I felt like they shouldn't be telling me what to do with my baby, and I'm not stupid enough to not get him checked out after a fall like that. 

Thankfully on the way to the doctor, whose office is in a hospital, I remembered that my brother in law was working at the same hospital. I called him up and he met me to give Bubs a blessing before the doc checked him out. We got a clean bill of health when we left with instructions to call if anything out of the normal happened. Which it didn't. It was a very eventful day. 

I had a hard time getting a good picture of it...



the scab above the big, puffy, bruise, was from a previous bonk.


And because I feel like I never post pictures of myself, here's what I look like today, right now, as I'm typing.

Happy Hump Day everyone! 
The weekend is soon upon us.
And school officially ends today! 
(but not for my hubby, for the local schools)


4 comments:

  1. You look fantastic!! I am 5 weeks pregnant and feel huge! ha ha. I know what you mean about the running-I am addicted to it! I was running 2.5 miles three times a week thru my first trimester! It is killing me that I can't run right now. O well, after the baby gets here and I get it on a schedule I can start running again! Can't wait to meet the baby and run again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! (The running and dream part) And I'm SO glad Bubs is okay. What a scary fall!!! I'm glad he caught his little noggin on something so you avoided a concussion. Haha those weirdo moms...as if you weren't going to take him somewhere!

    Ya know, I've been tempting to give running a try. I was hypoglycemic through middle and high school and running long distances didn't agree with me...I tried cross country and passed out 3 times in a week at practice...I'd call that a NOPE! Then I got pregnant and nursed for a year and it all went away, crazily. I love that those things can trigger good things in bodies! Anyway, I have this way cute outfit that would be great for running, and some cute adidas running shoes (that I bought b/c they were CHEAP at DSW, and cute!! Not because I was going to run!), and I've been contemplating trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go! i ran 2.5 miles straight for the first time in almost 4 years on monday. i was pretty proud of myself. :) today's goal is to go 3 miles. you've just motivated me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karissa, I'm so excited about your running! I love seeing people get all motivated - it helps motivate me! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete