Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What do you write when you don't know what to write?

I've been sick for 3 weeks now. When will it go away?

I finally decided to write a cookbook. Nothing big. Nothing major. Mostly just for me so I can have all my favorite recipes in one central location. I may feel kind and share if others are interested.

Bubs got his MMR shot today. I really hate shots. I think they're important but scary. We only gave him the dTap, the polio, and the MMR. None of the other ones. And those were administered over a span of 18 months, starting when he was 6 months old. It worked for us. I know it doesn't work for others. I also know it's controversial and extremely personal.

I want to blog, I really do, but every time I think about writing something, I only think about one major thing that's been on my mind. I don't know if I want to share yet because it feels personal. It makes me feel vulnerable to write it. I'm afraid of sounding whiny. I don't want people to tell me the same things everyone else have told me and the same things I already know. But I know I'm not alone. And sometimes it's therapeutic to write things. So maybe I'll start, write, re-write, re-write, re-write, and eventually finish the post some day. Then maybe I'll find the guts to share.

Until that day, something exciting happened here over the weekend....


YES! It's a piano!
YES! It's residing in our apartment!
YES! 4 guys moved it up 2 flights of stairs!
YES! It was free!
YES! All of my married sisters and I officially have pianos!
YES! I'm SO excited!
YES! Bubs loves it!
YES! Scott has played it more than I have.
YES! I play(ed) piano. I was amazing until I quit at age 14. Now I'm dying to pick it up again. 

Thank you, Dad, for spotting it on the curb one day and generously donating it after you acquired something far better!
Thank you, Mom, for driving 250 miles with an extra couple hundred pounds in the back so I didn't have to rent a van!

Life is busy, crazy, and oh so happy. I'm also craving candy. 
The end.

8 comments:

  1. My jealousy can't contain itself! I was just telling Dave last week how I can't wait for a piano!!! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our first 'big' purchase as a couple was a piano for me. My mom gave me hers, but Judd didn't want a piano covered in blue leather, decorated in silver rivets, and covered in mirrors. Heaven knows why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That's hilarious! I would love to see a picture of that piano. sounds pretty spectacular.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! That's hilarious! I would love to see a picture of that piano. sounds pretty spectacular.

      Delete
  3. I am so jealous too, you lucky girl! For now a keyboard has to do at our house! Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I will take that blue leathere'd piano from you, Kristina! I just want one! Miss you lots, Karissa, Scott, and Bubs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I also stopped playing but at age 12 when I moved to Cali. I wish I kept up but I hope to learn it again. I just don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SOOOOO jealous that you got a piano!!! I am dying to get one. But we do not have room here at A.G. to put one. Just one more reason why our days here are numbered. What a gorgeous piano, and for free! You can't beat that.

    ReplyDelete