Friday, January 13, 2012

16 unrelated and unorganized things

16 Completely Unrelated and Unorganized things I want to share:

1. I'm cleaning out my ipod. I have some strange music.

2. I'm also not afraid to confess that when I was immersed in the dating scene I used to upload songs that my "boy" at the time liked so I would be more cool, and so I could relate to him more. Most of that stuff I never actually really liked.

3. I don't really feel like I have a music identity. I love Rascal Flatts, Black Eyed Peas, and Incubus. I also love Natasha Bedingfield, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and William Joseph. But mostly I really love Carrie Underwood, Goo Goo Dolls, and LMFAO. My favorite music years were the 90's. I could listen to 90's music all day, every day, and be perfectly content.

4. This is my baby with his buddy. They're 5 days apart. His buddy has always been bigger and my baby has always been small. He's only 13% for weight as a 12 month old.


5. This is my baby with his girl buddy. She is a doll. They were really enjoying the balloons.


6. This is my baby heading outside. I already shared this picture, so nevermind.


7. This is what happened when we decided to feed him frozen blueberries. He loved them. He ate the entire bowl. He wanted the spoon I was holding. He was not mad about being purple. 


8. These are the cupcakes I made for his birthday party. They look like poop on grass. Don't worry. That was my first thought, Mister Man's first thought, and every party guest's first thought too. It's easier to just say it outright instead of having everyone think it and get all uncomfortable and stuff. 


9. Just a little decor. What a boring picture.


10. My boys. They really mean the world to me. My bigger boy gave me a nice massage last night. It was really sweet and something that hasn't happened since we lived in Orem. What a hunk-of-a-man. 


11. For some reason every mom thinks their first child on their first birthday will have a ball smashing and inhaling his first cake. Most mom's take pictures of this milestone. What veteran mom's know and don't tell new mom's is that most kids don't actually smash the cake immediately, often not at all. Most kids don't want to touch the strange thing. The pictures that come from this event are often staged by the dad smashing the kids hands into the frosting and the kid proceeding to rub them all over his face in an attempt to remove the foreign substance from his extremities. This process is repeated to make the situation look more realistic until the child either screams in protest, refuses to participate, or decides to taste the sugar and realizes it's actually delicious. Not saying any of this happened...


12. I needed to pictate and document proof that I have one little creative bone in my body and can actually produce semi-festive concoctions. These were birthday cupcakes.


13. Snow day. The twenty minutes of dressing, exploring, photographing, and cleaning up, was one of the best twenty minutes in my life. Mostly because this little dude kept toddling up and down our hallway. He looked ridiculously cute and silly and we kept laughing at him. Which made him laugh. Which made us laugh. 



How could you possibly not giggle at this little bundled up ball of cuteness?

14. These things were actually kind of related. I should have titled this "16 things about Bubs." Except for the music and ipod part. 

15. For some reason I've been getting extremely stir crazy lately. I feel like I need a big change in my life. My life feels a little stagnant and a little boring. (it's really not) I actually have lots of exciting things going on. Things like callings, a toddler, and, and, uh, callings, and uh, a toddler, I suppose. Mostly I just really want to move or get a puppy! Now! I'm a "now" kinda girl...waiting is not my forte.

When I think about the past 3 1/2 years we've been married, we've had big changes occur about every year or year and a half, which means I'm due for a change. I think that change might have to be re-arranging my living room tomorrow... 

16. I have now been doo-daddling around on the computer for 2 hours. My ipod is half cleaned out, I searched for puppies, and I wrote a blog post. What a productive morning. I think I'll put on some makeup now...maybe go to Costco or something. Make myself useful in some way...

3 comments:

  1. LOVED seeing all the pictures of your little man! I can't believe I still haven't met him! Good luck finding a new project! Do you have pinterest? You might get some ideas from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. m nnnbhbvccbhn n bb bjhngyhukhngfbfvfdyhjhmjmgnfddgytjhkn, ngnffghjjmuhjthgjfgikgfipoiotyikkutyuthyoktgokmjfgtkjmrgiknjshdufuhyfhguihgnioiohngimgdfrujtyruiurhgiuhtujrgjtrgjkjkregikhjrtkjfjuueridfhjjerurgjuurgurthufrgte,fdvgjkjkhtkjjrhghefrrtioriurtuiuhdcbnhnbv khgfjm

    from,
    Blake

    It means I love you mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love random posts like this! How fun! I loved the pictures of B all bundled up! You're right--there's nothing cuter! What a cute coat, too! Is that hat separate or hooked to the coat? It's adorable, and nice enough looking to look good with church clothes! (Not that it matters to anyone but us!)

    I need to clean out my iPod too...I did the same thing with guys I dated, except Mitch LOVES the same music I put on my iPod! So now I guess I need to make the songs remind me of Mitch! :o)

    PS--about your big change, we've been feelin' it too, except we're both in school this semester, so it's a no-go. We want a doggy so bad! I vote a puppy or a pregnancy...just sayin :o) I can't have a baby yet but I want someone to! C'mon, give me a baby fix!

    ReplyDelete