Saturday, January 7, 2012

One year ago today...

One year ago today:


This technically was a year ago yesterday, when I first entered the hospital. 
Before all the real pain started. 

28 hours later....

Definitely not my most glamorous moment, but nothing is more joyous than meeting and holding your brand new baby for the first time.

Very much in love.

My little, tiny baby...

...is not so little and tiny anymore. 

In fact he's pretty big.
And pretty cute.
And pretty dang awesome.

I feel pretty good too.
Emotionally, I'm much more stable.
Physically, I am down 45 pounds from the day I delivered a year ago.
Overall I feel so much more confident and thrilled to be a mom.
In fact, I actually love it.
A lot.
I have been having so much fun with our little boy, and I am so happy to have him in our lives!
He truly fills my life with joy. 

Now if only he would cuddle like this again...
Maybe when he gets a little older and realizes it's fun to cuddle with mom.
I can only hope.

It's amazing how a year can pass so quickly.
Last night and many times today I had moments of remembering that day (days?) in the hospital leading up to the birth of our son. It was definitely an experience I'll never forget! I'm so grateful to be a mom, and especially to be a mom of our sweet, baby boy! I love you, Bubs!


4 comments:

  1. Isn't it so amazing what your body actually goes through, being pregnant & having a baby? Crazy! Congrats on the 45 lbs- that is awesome! Soon Blake will start talking and doing so many more cute things. You always miss the tiny, little newborn that you could just sit and snuggle with all day, but man, it's so fun watching them grow up, too! Wish we were closer to see you guys more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so sweet! I love one year olds. I love having a one year old. They are just so much fun! It's so hard to say that he's 14 months old, when I miss that tiny little baby. But, your friend is right: I'm sure we'll always miss that size, but that's why another one comes after awhile!

    I am still fighting off burning jealousy when I see adorable pictures like you holding B for the first time! I know it's not glamorous, but I didn't get to see Nathan for over 3 hours, and it was, honestly, pure hell. Then when I got to see him, I couldn't move or sit up! Cherish those photos! Show them off! Hopefully I'll get a couple photos like that in the future :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Happy Birthday Blake! Thats so exciting! Grant will be two in about a month and I feel like the last year flew by faster than the first! Also I don't think anyone on blogger ever saw a pic of you holding your bubs after he was born! And I think it is not the most glamorous moment in a woman's life but definitely the most beautifully divine, next to angels moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha Jeremy will NOT cuddle with me anymore. I have to hold him down if I want three seconds of cuddling :)
    Crazy how quickly they get big. Well, you look great!

    ReplyDelete