Saturday, May 7, 2011

10 things for 10 days

Well, golly gee whiz. It's been ten days since I've written anything. I think that's a record blogging drought for me. But, life happens. 

So now that I'm back, here are 10 things for the 10 days I failed to write. 

But first real quick: we woke up this morning to a very chatty, gurgling, cooing, talkative and happy baby boy. It was probably one of the best ways to wake up. 

Now in no apparent order....

1. It was my birthday. 10 days ago. I turned a year older. I spent the dreadfully rainy day shopping with my boys. They got sick of it by the end. Then Miss Gorgeous came to babysit our babe while we had our First Date Ever Without Baby! You wanna know what we did? We ate at Bravo. Then we walked around the mall. Then we came home. 2 hours later. Lame. 

2. Here in the lovely Midwest state of Missouri, it rained for 7 days straight. Plus an additional shmorgishborg of hail, strong wind, and tornadoes. I think the sirens went off every day for 3 days in a row maybe... My heart goes out to the many families who lost their homes and loved ones. 

3. We took a trip to visit Gammy and Papa Ding. Yes, that's right, Papa Ding. It's his grandpa nick-name. And it suits him well. This is how our babe traveled in the car:

Ha! Yeah right! We're not that dumb. But it is the cutest picture ever.

The babe really likes holding hands fingers, especially with Gammy. 

4. While we were vacationing in the beautiful, tropical, 50 degree weather Kansas City area, my dear sweet sister got engaged to a man. The following picture was an inpromtu shot taken with a camera, that drowned in a sink full of water and then became alive again, outside in the wind, while eating the most delicious Paciugo gelato. Don't try to pronounce the name. It will make you crazy. Just be satisfied with saying "Pa-choo-chees" or "pa-see-goes" or "pa-choo-gi-an-os" or something like that. We'll know what you mean. Anyway, this shot was not planned well by the posers or photographer, so the hair is covering the face. But it is less dumb than the other two shots in my small repertoire of sister and man-friend photos.


5. This is my baby. He has recently become obsessed with his toes, his tongue, his lips, and chatting. 

Also he rolled over twice when I wasn't watching. And he had a bad cold for a couple weeks. And he is starting to teethe. I think. He drools alot. And cries more than normal. And chews his finger. And plays with his gums.

6. This is my house. And by house, I mean apartment. But house sounds way cooler than apartment. It looks like we're moving. We're not. Don't be fooled. We found out this week that our outside storage closest is infested with mold. And there was sitting water on those blue tubs and on the floor. But before they can fix that, they had to replace our water heater. Apparently it leaked downstairs and flooded our neighbors. Retaliation for them smoking all the time? So now we're waiting for the repairs and for more big, plastic bins to arrive at our house so we don't have to deal with cardboard boxes.



7. We went to the Zoo. It was the first time with our Babe. Before we went inside the actual Zoo, Mister Man decided to feed the ducks, geese, fowl of the air (and water). They flocked to him. Can you find 8?





By the end he was pretty tuckered out.
Then he was cranky the next day and Mister Man held him up and gave him a talking to.


8. I went shopping. Alot. The key to shopping is to buy a bunch of things, wait a day or two, take them all back, and re-buy them again because they went on sale. We saved around $100 doing that. I've also had to re-learn how to shop. It's weird. More on that later. I found these bad boys after searching every shoe store in the nation. They were hiding at Kohl's. Happy birthday to me!

I also realized why Loft is so expensive. 
Their bags. 
See that ribbon?
It probably cost $5.

And I found these for $3.20 each. Clearance is my best friend.
Sometimes.

9. While in the KC area, I went shooting some guns. At one point, I shot a rifle I've never shot. Instead of snugging it in your shoulder like normal, you're supposed to not snug it on your hip. I misunderstood and snugged it inside my hip bone, against, well, flubber (great movie, by the way). When that beast kicked, I crumbled to the ground. A week later I have a nasty bruise with a pebble underneath my skin. Literally. Well, it feels like it literally.

10. Our babe tasted salsa last night. We laughed so hard we cried. Here is the video, only because I love you and I'ved neglected you.


And that's all folks!

4 comments:

  1. yay, you're back!! :o) I so enjoy looking at pictures of your little man! I'm sorry about your storage mold/water heater issue! I hope you don't have to pay for all that! (On days like that I say, yay for being a renter!!)

    I'm glad you guys were okay in the tornadoes--tornado ally has been crazy this spring!

    PS--LOOOVE the shoes! I've been looking for nude pumps lately, but being on my feet for 2 hours teaching music in Primary means they probably shouldn't be as high as yours...I always pay for it in the end! I could always stand on high heels for hours, but after I had this baby, I dunno!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Blake looks so happy sitting in the car with a real life, adult seatbelt! I'm glad that you didn't actually take him sitting there! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karissa! You have a precious baby! He is so sweet and smiley! I love it! Happy birthday! Aren't birthday heels the best ever?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so cute! Thanks for the updates. It makes me feel like we're not really half a continent apart or something.

    ANyways, that sucks about the mold issue! And I'm sorry your birthday was less than exciting... I was sick in bed with the flu for our Anniversary on the 24th of April, which was also Easter. (Then I got my wisdom teeth out and 2 cavities filled 2 days later.) Way lame. Jim didn't get me a gift, either. Not that I should complain. We did buy a really nice new kitchen table which was sort of an early anniversary gift. But I kinda like a little something on the actual day, too- even if it is just a cute little hand-made card or something. I hope you guys see some sunshine soon!

    ReplyDelete