Thursday, September 2, 2010

Asian Chicken Salad

Sometimes in my life I feel really good about myself.

Last night was one of those times.

I decided to be creative and completely make something up to eat for dinner. I came up with an Asian Mandarin Chicken Salad. I put a little of this and a bit of that in a bowl for the dressing. Then I cooked up some leftover asian chicken I had made the other night. I heat up some rice too. Then I put everything together:

Rice, chicken, lettuce, crushed Raman noodles, mandarin oranges, carrots, and a pinch of cheddar cheese.

It was surprisingly delicious! Even Scott, who was very skeptical at first, loved it and finished his plate in about 2 seconds. Every once in awhile I dream about being on Master Chef and creating things out of thin air. I was pretty proud of myself. :-)

If I would've had green onions I would've added those. Pineapple would probably be pretty good too. the end.

Sauce:
soy sauce, minced garlic, chives, sesame seeds, honey, brown sugar, a splash of teriayki, olive oil, and vinegar, and a tiny bit of raspberry jam (didn't quite have the effect I was hoping for, but still worked.)

No comments:

Post a Comment