Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Graduation, interview and job all in a week!

So my life has been a crazy whirlwind this past week! Here is the timeline:

Monday: finished my last day student teaching in kindergarten
Wednesday: went out to lunch with student teacher friends and found out about a job opening.
Wednesday night: got a call from our advisor that she had called the school.
5 minutes later: got an interview scheduled for the next morning.
Thursday 9:30am: interviewed with the principal and vp
10:03am: got a call and message from principal
10:35am: called him back, wanted me to finish the application and come in for a 2nd interview on fridayBold
3:00pm: 2nd interview scheduled for Friday at 8am with the whole kindergarten team
Friday at 8am: 2nd interview with whole team. GREAT interview :-)
11:10am: phone call from principal offering a job as a Full time kindergarten teacher starting January 4th for the rest of the school year!!!!!!!!!!!!

So after that phone call and talking to him for a bit about what I needed to do, I called Scott and told him. I was super sweating, shaking and almost crying. What an incredible blessing!!! I signed the contract on Monday morning and got the keys and talked to the teacher Monday afternoon.

I am really excited for this job but I am absolutely terrified and overwhelmed. I have no idea where to start or what to do. I'm so used to mentor teachers telling me what to teach or plan or do, and now I have to make all the decisions. What a huge and exciting challenge!

Also, since Scott and I are here in Idaho for Christmas, I only have 6 days to completely set up my classroom and do home visits to about half of the students! AHHHH!!!! I would LOVE any help or suggestions or anything. I definitely need any help I can get! But I'm so excited and I already love the kids even though I don't know them. :-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Karissa, you are amazing, and Heavenly Father sure does love you! He has proven over and over that He blesses those who are in the right place at the right time, doing what they are supposed to be doing. This is just the type of thing He LOVES to do to show us that He's paying attention: He knows what we need...AND want! You will do just fine, I know it! Congrats on this wonderful opportunity! And all my best wishes, Mrs. Dodds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! what a blessing! thats awesome, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations! You'll be a great Kindergarten teacher - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! Look at you!!!

    My mother-in-law taught kindergarten for years and years and often had two classes of 20-30 each. She still has ALL her lesson plans: give me a call if you need anything!! We're all at their house this Christmas but we've been living here this semester so a phone call wouldn't be a problem! Jasmine has my number, and your mother and Danica might too! Let me hear from you!

    ReplyDelete