Wednesday, November 14, 2012

YW and Cookies

This week has been crazy busy! 
I've already been confused twice on what day it actually was. It's only Wednesday.
Yesterday I made cookies for our Young Women in Excellence program. 

As I sat and watched each of our young women speak on their chosen topic and then on their personal progress experiences, I felt such a deep and overwhelming love for all of them! I have absolutely loved working in young women. I have learned so much! I had no idea the amount of work it takes for...everything. I have learned so much from the girls and about the girls, and I've realized that even an age difference of not that many years can present a whole set of different trials. I really, truly, loved last night. After just over a year in this calling, I am finally starting to figure out who I am as a leader and I'm starting to really learn from and understand the girls. 

Now, they better not release me anytime soon!!!

Back to the cookies. 
People, I'm really good at cookies.
I don't publicly boast about many things I do well in life (the list is too long. kidding.), I only boast to my hubby who politely nods his head and agrees. Ha!
But I do boast about my cookies.
I know they're bomb.
You know they're bomb. (if you've had them)
I don't know one person who has tried them and said "eh, they're just okay. I have a better recipe." 
Nope. Hasn't happened yet.
I make some of the best darn cookies you will ever taste in your life. I've nailed the recipe and I have it memorized. I've perfected the texture, flavor, and art of chocolate chip cookies. 

That is all.

Oh, except that this morning I thought it would be fun to make waffles from scratch. As I went along measuring all the ingredients with a 1/4 c. measuring cup, I didn't realize until I was adding the milk, the last ingredient, that my 1/4 cup was actually a 1/3 cup. Somehow they still turned out pretty good. Maybe because the ratios were consistent. Who knows. I do know that I'll I've never, ever make that mistake when I make cookies. 

Happy Wednesday and cookies everyone!!!





2 comments:

  1. Hey do you have a great chocolate chip cookie dough recipe where you just eat it? I'm okay with a recipe with eggs for eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 thoughts... First, I LOVEDDDDD being in Young Women. I was only there for not quite a year, and they released me just before T was born. I was so sad! But I knew that I couldn't keep up with that calling having a newborn, having Madi who was only 2 at the time, and Aspen who was only 4. Life just gets crazy the more kids that come along, but crazy in an awesome way! I secretly hope all the time that I get put back in Young Women's when my life is a bit more condusive to actually participating in the calling! Maybe once Jim is not here at AG anymore and can actually let me have a night off to go to activities, etc.

    Second, I have to admit... MY chocolate chip recipe is pretty darn amazing too! Oh wait... ours both evolved from the same recipe, haha!

    And, I know I only said 2 things, but... Third, it was awesome to see you today. Thanks for taking time and coming to the Orem house. I'm sorry T was a little posessive of his stuff... he usually isn't like that, unless it is his Lightening McQueen car. I blame part of it on the fact that he is now 3 and knows how to show it. And I blame the other part on the nursery kid who has definitely brought out a bit more feisty-ness in T. I guess he needs to learn how to stick up for himself in front of a bully though... but I sure hate to see it happening this young. I may have another talk with that kid's Mom...

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete