Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Things I've learned this week

Things I have learned:

1. Procrastination = big problems. (waiting until the last week possible to do a 12 hour project, then you come to find you don't actually have 12 hours worth of time possible to complete the project)
2. Inviting people over = a clean house! (make sure you call before you come...)
3. Dance = money.
4. Christmas = more money.
5. Time to do/finish/work on "insert phrase here" = impossible (especially while going to school, working, dancing and trying to figure out how to be a good wife and homemaker)

I can't think of anything else real clever right now. All I know is I'm exhausted and I'm not entirely sure why. I'm normally tired, but maybe it was just dancesport this weekend. It was alot of fun, and lots of work. Scott made semi-finals in his class Standard. I made semi-finals in Novice Latin, quarter-finals in Pre-Champ Latin, and one round of class Latin. Overall, I felt really good about how we did. I've been dancing with my partner only since September and we just finished our routines about a week before Dancesport, so we did relatively well. Now I just gotta figure out how to pay for and sew on fringe onto my dress as well as purchase an excessive amount of rhinestones. Gotta love ballroom!

I cannot wait until Thanksgiving when I can finally have a bit of a much needed break. (and enjoy good food and family!) Then I'm even more excited for Christmas break to be home again and spend time with my side of the family. Maybe I'll get pictures from our wedding picked out, thank-you cards finished, and pictures printed for our apartment.... who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment