Monday, December 10, 2012

Menu Monday: Holiday Goodies!

I've been thinking of ways to vamp up my blog lately, so I'm going to try a couple new things out. The first thing is "Menu Monday." Hopefully, every Monday I'll post a recipe or two and talk about food! I'm still working on remembering to take pictures, so bear with me.

For my first Menu Monday post, I'm thinking about Holiday Goodies! One of my most favorite things to do at Christmastime is make an insane amount of treats and deliver them to friends, family, neighbors, and anyone else I feel like needs some holiday cheer. My brain usually out thinks the other side of my brain and I go a little overboard.  I'm thinking that will be the case this year...especially since our friends seem to keep multiplying. Oy. What a unfortunate disaster.

I'm kidding.





So here's what I'm planning on making this week! Hopefully one day I'll get some pictures so you can see the deliciousness for yourself. In the meantime, just trust me. Have I ever led you astray with a recipe that was awful? I don't think so. If you need some visualization, here are some pictures I found that look very, very similar (if not identical), with very similar (or identical) recipes that I use. Click on "source" to see their version.

White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn


Source

White Chocolate Chex Mix

Spread over wax paper
Source

Magical Mint Kiss Cookies


Source

Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cake Bites



Source



Sugar Cookies


Source

In addition to all these treats, I'm going to attempt to make Cinnamon Ornaments! I remember making them as a kid and that they smelled delicious for several years. I have an ornament exchange this week and thought it would be perfect. Plus, my house will smell amazing.

Merry Christmas and happy baking!!!


2 comments:

  1. If the cinnamon ornaments turn out post it on here! I would LOVE to try and make some : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are one ambitious girl! That's a lot of treats! Are you talking about the cinnamon christmas trees we made or different ones?

    ReplyDelete