Saturday, December 29, 2012

Here comes another BOY!

Christmas was fabulous.
Scott's parents, sister, and sister with her family came to visit.
We hung out, made gingerbread houses, toured the Science Center, drove around Forest Park, ate food, talked, saw the train exhibit at the Botanical Gardens, shopped, opened presents, and enjoyed each others company.
Of course, right before everyone came, Bubs got sick along with his cousins who live here. The day after everyone arrived, I got sick too. So it was lots of going and playing and trying to act like I was feeling alright, which I was, sometimes.
Then the day after everyone left, I started feeling much better. At least it didn't last long! (I attribute it to chiropractic care, downing vitamin C, taking calcium, sipping apple cider vinegar, eating 4 grapefruit, not eating treats, chugging water, and trying to rest)

The most exciting part about this past week? We found out we're having another BOY!!!

I'm 20 weeks along now. I've been feeling great for about 5 weeks. The first 15 weeks I was more tired than I've ever been in my life and nauseous all the time. I only threw up 2-3 times, which isn't bad, so I consider myself lucky. Now I'm feeling wonderful, as I did in the 2nd Tri with Bubs, but I'm still fighting the mental battle. I started feeling the baby around 15 weeks and now I feel him all the freakin' time! I don't think he ever stops moving.

I'm really excited to have another boy. Although there are some things I'm a little distraught about, it's nothing to worry about right now. I love having a boy and I have had so much fun with Bubs! He will absolutely love having a brother to play with (and so will I!). I'm also grateful it's a boy because it will be so much easier financially: we already have tons of boy clothes, along with all of our other baby stuff, and toys. Plus, I don't know that Scott could restrain himself from spoiling a baby girl, so it's better to start with boys when we have no money!

I also feel confident that I can raise boys well. I feel like we've done an amazing job with Bubs, though we still have a long way to go, and although every child is different it'll be easier raising two boys than switching to girl mode. Though I will admit, I really want a girl for our third, whenever that happens!!!

It's taken me quite awhile to be really excited about this pregnancy, but now I can honestly say that I'm thrilled and SO excited to have another baby!

I found this little gem while searching through pictures to put on our walls. I just love both of their faces!
Yes, Bubs was about 7 months old and yes, they are going down a water slide.
Another reason I love my BOYS!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. congratulations!!! so exciting and fun to have another boy. it really is helpful when you already have all the hand-me-downs ready to go. :)

    ReplyDelete