Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sugar, Sugar, Sugar. Fail?

So remember that one time I made that "contract" and posted my quest for no sugar?

yeah....

well....

ya see....

sometimes I'm not so good at those things.

I have this problem. It's called: when I want something really bad, I do whatever it takes to get it, and I do get it. When I want something but then change my mind and decide I don't really care, everything falls apart and I don't reach my goal.

So guess what?


I decided I wanted some ice cream more than I wanted to be sugar free.
I decided I wanted some cookies when I was stressed.
I decided I actually consumed more calories in trying to satisfy my desire for treats with other foods than had I actually eaten that treat.
I decided I didn't really care.

So I stopped.
I think I made it about one consecutive week without sugar.
Life happens.
I have friends.
Friends have birthdays, and movie nights, and cookie cook offs.
I can't not participate.

I don't feel like a failure. Just like a little indecisive.
But I still know that sugar makes me feel a little sick.
I just need to always remember that, especially when the chocolate craving hits.
Which is always.

Now I'm just trying to eat healthy and enjoy living my life.

Excuse me while I go eat some brownies...

4 comments:

  1. So, I wanted to try and do the whole month with no sugar. I made it 2 1/2 weeks, then I had a super stressful day and I ate a teaspoon of homemade hot fudge sauce. It was totally worth it and I'm happy to say that I will never try it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're funny! i was wondering how your no sugar contract was going. if i had any belgian chocolate left i would gladly share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so true that when I try to cut something out I end of eating as many calories to make up for it as I would have just eating that thing! Isn't it nice you are a runner and can eat what you want?;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that always happens to me!! I eat more of the actual meal to make up for the cookies I didn't eat. Better just to eat a cookie.

    ReplyDelete