Monday, September 17, 2012

Chocolate Therapy for a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Every so often, as life is quickly sailing by, we get hit by a "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day."

Mine came last week.
My morning run began by encountering a random man, in the darkness of dawn, who stopped me to ask for directions. Then I waited patiently for a car to cross the intersection. Then another. And another. I also waited for a couple cars back out of driveways. All of this while it was very nearly black outside and all I wanted to do was run. A sort of omen for the way my day would progress.
Back at home things started falling apart quickly.
Bubs woke up an hour early (read 6 am).
Puppy consumed most of Bub's breakfast. Then vomited.
Remote to DVD player became un-programmed (darn universal things) and Cars was unplayable.
Bubs stole favorite makeup brush and dipped in Puppy's water. Then fed to Puppy. (who did not eat it)
Puppy found and explored an old, wet diaper. Yum.
Bubs "poo poo!"-ed then sat on his potty. Said poo poo leaked and smudged all over the seat.
Puppy vomited again.
Bubs decided that screaming, whining, and tantrums were the most fun means of communication.

Naptime.
For almost 2 hours.

Normally it lasts 3-4.
Cue aforementioned screaming, whining, and tantrums.
Then a bath for the Puppy.
5 minutes later, chalk, all over clean Puppy.
5 minutes later, Puppy pee on my rug, due to scary vacuum.
During dinner prep, an entire container of wipes, piled on my kitchen table.
Water on kitchen table.
Bubs on kitchen table.
Frame that was on wall, on kitchen table.
Pizza in oven, smoke detector beeping angrily.
Repeat.
Smoke detector beaten to smithereens by frustrated cook.
Sudden, unknown pain in finger.
Blood.
Everywhere.
Somehow I chopped a chunk out of my finger between attacking the smoke detector and removing the pizza from the oven.

Whining, screaming, dinner tantrums.
Finally, bed time. And peace.

It was a whopper of a day.

So guess what I did the next day?
I ran. Then we drove to Kathryn's.(we're related)
When two tired, overwhelmed, stressed, and missing their hubbies, moms, get together, usually chocolate breaks forth in a wonderful, incredible, therapeutic way.
This time it was cupcakes. Recipe courtesy of Sweet Tooth Fairy.
Rich, fudgey, dark chocolate with melty chocolate chips. Topped with a white chocolate cream cheese frosting.
They were the perfect anecdote to a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.


After this one, I think I'm set with bad days for about a month. At least.

2 comments:

  1. W-O-W. That sounds like just about the worst terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! I'll never complain again... I love you! Say happy birthday to the hubby for me!

    Chevron & Lace
    suedrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am glad I found you blog. This senario sounds familiar:) next time you have chocolate therapy I need an invite!

    ReplyDelete