Saturday, August 18, 2012

Color Run: The Good, The Bad, The Hollywood Stunt Double

This has been quite the running year for me.
The first time I recorded a run was on May 9, 2012. I ran 3 miles in 35 minutes.
Since that first recorded run, I have completed:

-My first nonofficial-official 5k, in 28:20
-My first official race, 10k, in 1:00:06
-My longest distance ever: 10.13 miles
-My fastest run ever: 3.12 miles in 26:48

I have logged 205 miles on my shoes.
I have ran 2,074 minutes.
All this in just 14 weeks, 3 days.

My race of all races is only 5 weeks away. My end goal. My reason for training. My dream.
My first 1/2 marathon.

Enough with the dramatic stuff.
Today I was the most enjoyable run I have ever completed!

THE COLOR RUN!!!

(psst, new highlights! LOVE.)

"Yeah, that sun is really bright..." and so is my shirt!

Color Runners before getting colored!

Us girls, pretending to be strong.
Jaron.  Being strong. With a bulging arm. 

The Bad:
Waiting in this line for 50 minutes before we could actually start "running."


Serious walls of white.


"Hey mom, I'm really bored. Get me outta here!"

The boys.
See the lack of wrist band and bib on my husband?
He may or may not have just blended in with the crowd and ran the race. Free.

The girls.

Happy family!

Getting ready to go...
Bubs really wanted to hold this girls hand.
Bummer the shadow was in the way.

The Good:
Finally  RUNNING!!!!!!






Along the 5k they had 4 color stations. At each station there was music pumping and people squirting bottles of colored powder on you. It was colorful clouds of fun!
Except when they decided to spray it right in Bubs' face. Twice. Poor kid!
Also, I did not push the stroller the whole way. But you can pretend I did...

Streets FULL of Color Runners!

The Hollywood Stunt Double:

I wish I had a video. Or picture.
About halfway through the race, we came up on a lady with a sign that said it was her birthday. So we wished her a happy birthday. When I turned my face to present the wishes, my eyes unfocused on the road. Which meant I failed to see whatever it was that tripped me.
In slow, movie-style, motion I stumbled and fell toward the ground.
As I was falling I was thinking "Oh no! I can't break my knee! Or my arm! I must. roll. now.!"
I caught myself lightly with my hands and flipped my right hip under to tuck into a side roll before popping myself back up.
It was amazing. Even though I didn't see it.
I just knew.
Also, it happened in front of hundreds of people.
And they all cheered for me. 
It was definitely spectacular.

My colored boys!
Yes, Bubs did kinda have fun.

After the color.

I wish I were actually that tan on my arms...

Favorite. Picture. Ever.


Me: "Okay, now smile!"
Mr. Man: "No. I don't want to."
bahahaha.

Something about sticking the hip out that erases masculinity.

Our whole Color Running group.


If you think it looks like we had fun, you're right. 
We had a BLAST!








I'm not sure why we decided to do cartwheels. 
And take pictures of them.
There must've been something in that colored powder...

Oh, the pits.


Techni-colored hair.

Techni-colored face.

Last of all, a special treat. I never post videos, so here are THREE! for your viewing pleasure. Just to give you an even better idea of what our morning was like.

running.

color party.

Bubs dancing.


We had such a good time. It was fun to be goofy, silly, and crazy. It was especially fun because Mr. Man got to run with us.
So now, after such a fun time, it's time to buckle down and gear up for 13.1 miles on September 22!
Bring it ON!!!


p.s. I think Aviator sunglasses are most definitely cool. What is your opinion?

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! You can actually pull off the neon hair, maybe a new punk look for you? ;
    ) Good luck training for the 1/2 marathon!

    ReplyDelete