Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Costco Worker "Crush"

Before all those crazy weird thoughts start developing in your mind, let me set the record straight:

The "crush" is not someone I am crushing on.
It is someone that may be "crushing" on me.

Moving on.

Remember way back when I was around 6 or 7 months pregnant and I wrote about this man at Costco who complimented me very sweetly? If you don't, here's a refresher:

(and looking back on archives, maybe I didn't actually write it here...)

man: "Is it a girl or boy?"
me: "A boy."
man: "Well, if it was a girl, and if she took after you, she would be beautiful"

Can I get an "awww?"
Best compliment I received from a stranger.

Fast forward to post baby. This same man, a chocolatey, dark skinned, "my-engaged-sister-who-used-to-love-black-men-would-think-he's-hott", man, still talks to me.

Every. Time. I. Go. To. Costco. (when he's there too)

Most of the time he says something like "Heyy, it's you again!", or "There you are!", or something similar. Sometimes, oftentimes, he even plays with Bubs.

But most recently I went in a few weeks ago by myself to pick up a pizza. I was zooming in the front door, trying to beat the freezing rain storm that was imminent outside. Of course, who happened to be walking toward me? The only other person in the long stretch of entryway? Chocolatey man.

"Hey, it's you again. By yourself tonight, huh?"
"uh, yeah."

Cue completely embarrassed, awkward, giggling and a phone call to my mom to laugh our heads off.

And that, my friends, is just another reason I think I love Costco!

No comments:

Post a Comment