Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Madness and Jimmeritis

March Madness. Seriously Madness.

I've never watched so much basketball, in a row, ever, in my life.

What happened to me?

Well, I married this guy...



And he is a sports fanatic.

He has also taught me well.

He was recapping the first round of games the other night and he didn't know if Syracuse won or not.
Somehow, this came out of my mouth: "Well, they were up by 6 points in the last minute or so, so I'm pretty sure they won." 
During the BYU game, somehow this came out of my "mouth" via text: "Why does Carlino think it's a good idea to try and run fast down the court in a fake breakaway, then sloppily shoot before his team is there to catch a rebound?"
During the first VCU game, I cheered out loud. Alone. At my TV. When VCU threw the 3 pointer, then the big 2, then defended the 3 point shot to win the game.
Thank you, VCU, for keeping my bracket in tact.
I filled out two brackets.
We jointly filled out one.
All of which are now shot. Does anyone have a good bracket this year? Seriously.
I wish I could have filled out 10.
It's only slightly addicting.
I even had Mr. Man read me stats of teams to base my judgement upon.

Sometimes I look at Espn.com.

What happened to me?

I blame some of my basketball fever on Jimmer. I call it Jimmeritis.
I blame some of my basketball fever on the 'Hawks-Tigers rivalry that is more real now that I live in MO.
I blame lots of my basketball fever on Mr. Man.
Bubs even chooses a basketball over a football or soccer ball.

I am not afraid to say I enjoy sports. A lot.
I am not afraid to say that while I love chatting with the girls during game parties, I secretly want to be watching the action with the guys.
I am not afraid to say I cannot wait til I'm a soccer, baseball, and basketball mom.
I am not afraid to make comments during a game and feel confident that I know what I'm talking about (at least in front of my husband).

So thank you, BYU ball, Jimmer, and Mr. Man for educating and encouraging my enjoyment, dare I say love?, for sports!

3 comments:

  1. this post is totally true for me too! i didn't even know who Boise State was until i met trevor. now i would say i am pretty much a sports genius for a girl anyways. i even sit and watch golf and tennis with him. weird. and i will admit i have been sitting at home without my husband yelling at the t.v. because teams are ruining my bracket : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karisa! I was missing you today so I went and read a bunch of your blog posts :) I didn't know you had shingles- you are so lucky that you caught it right away! My Dad had it really bad a while ago. Seems like it took him a few months to really get over it. I'm so glad yours didn't take that long, especially with your secret alter-ego to keep up, LOL! My life is rather boring in comparison. BUT- it is finally getting above freezing out here, and I think we might hit 60 this weekend, wahoo!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- Your alter-ego is that you are Superwoman, hee hee!

    ReplyDelete