Friday, October 23, 2009

No more 3rd grade :-(

So here I am, once again, sick.

Sometimes I feel like I get sick more than anyone I know. But, this summer wasn't too bad. And this fall hasn't been as bad as last fall.

I've worked with 3rd graders every day for the past 8 weeks. A couple weeks ago 10% of the school was out with swine flu. About 5 of my kids were gone that whole week.

I'm surprised I didn't get sick until now.

But after laying in bed all day (literally) and not hardly moving, I'm starting to feel a little better. Whether I'm better or not by tomorrow, I'm going to the football game!! (thanks for the tickets Jim!)

And Thursday was my last day with my 3rd graders. What a bittersweet day. I wanted to cry, kinda, but I didn't. We did lots of fun things in class. Coloring, reading, games, halloween computer games, etc. Plus a pizza party. And they all hugged me. It was awesome!

The best part? One of my boys brought me a dozen pink roses!!!!! It was SO sweet! (maybe he should give Scott some tips ;-)) hehe. It was a wonderful day. I'm gonna miss those kids like crazy!!!! I already do.

Scott actually probably doesn't need tips. He brought me some delicious clam chowder from Zupa's today. I couldn't even get up to make myself food. What a sweetie.

And now that I'm feeling a little better, I'm attempting to finish my Teacher Work Sample.

What a beast. I better pass. I can't wait to be done.

It's due on Monday. And I move into Kindergarten on Monday. I have mixed feelings.


the end.

3 comments:

  1. I hope Dr. Korth is nice to you! Isn't he your Teacher Work Sample guy! I know Im going to be a mess of tears Student teaching, Im in third grade too!! Cohort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry you're sick!! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! :) being almost done is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete