Monday, September 28, 2009

car problems...again

Once upon a time I thought it was a really "good" idea to buy a cute, fun, materialistic Audi because it was "nicer" than a Honda Civic. I figured people would think I was really COOL and had money because I drove an AUDI.

2 years, $5500, and more care repairs than I can name later....

...It wasn't the best idea I've ever had.

Now the transmission fluid pan is cracked and leaking transmission fluid everywhere. Our first quote? $900. Yeah right. I'd take it to the junkyard before I pay $900 to fix that. Scott's done his research though and hopefully it should only put us out no more than about $350.

Do you know what I could buy with $350???
A brand new wardrobe for me and Scott
2 pairs of latin heels (if I was still ballrooming)
5-6 weeks of groceries
A new couch set
A month of rent
7 dinners at Cheesecake Factory
A new puppy
An ipod
New cell phones
Golf clubs (for scott)
A Provo league soccer team (haha)
A new TV

And the list goes on. But guess what? We're spending that money on a car. An old, beat up, won't-start-unless-you-hold-the-key-turned-for-10 seconds, falling apart, money sucking AUDI.

Will we ever buy another European car again? NO!


On a lighter note, Scott is my hero. He is amazing. I feel so blessed to be happily married to him. He takes such good care of me when I'm sick (like now), and works so hard to pay for expensive things we wouldn't have had to pay for if I wasn't so dumb when I was 18 (like my car).

Everytime I find out another person close to my age is divorced, I just feel so grateful for mine and Scott's marriage and relationship. I couldn't live without him.

And now I am off to plan my lesson for tomorrow, drink some more Emergen-C, blow my nose 23 more times, sneeze 14 more times, and try not to cough my lungs out.

I think I'm allergic to Utah.

2 comments:

  1. Try Zicam. Dad swears by it. Actually, he says it works best when you're first starting a cold. Airborne helps me. Sorry about the car. That's another one of those grown-up problems we all wish we didn't have. $350 is still a lot less than car payments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. allergy type nose sprays really help clear your nose even when it's a cold and not allergies

    ReplyDelete