Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ear Infection? Yeouch!!!

Yep, that's right, I, Karissa Dodds, am experiencing my very first ear infection. And let me tell ya, it's hurts like a freakin.....!!!! yeah. Anyway, I started by getting sick with what I thought was a cold, then Thursday night my ear, very quickly, got completely clogged and started feeling excruciatingly painful. I had no idea ear infections hurt so bad! The last time I remember pain this bad was when I broke my foot when I was 12. Man, poor little babies who get it all the time. I guess I know what to do when our kids get sick now...

Scott's been great through this whole thing. I have a vivid imagination and when I get really sick I start thinking of every possible worse case scenario. He's awesome at calming me down and telling me I'll get better and not to be worried. So far so good :-) It has been a bummer going through the first week of school. At least I already know everyone in my classes so they don't think I'm some weirdo.

My New Years resolutions now are:
-Eat more healthy (not so much sugar)
-Invest in and TAKE vitamins DAILY
-Exercise and drink lots of water
-Do whatever I can to alleviate stress
-And everything else I hope to accomplish...the list is long

My immune system seems pretty shot and I need to boost it up so I don't fall over dead with illness student teaching next semester, or even this semester for a couple months. Yikes! Hope everyone is more healthy than I am!

Scott is for sure. ...he doesn't get sick. Lucky.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get better. I just came down with a cold a couple days ago and its awful because I feel like I'm getting behind in all my classes already. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you feel crummy! Okay, so here's what concoction I've come up with. As soon as I start to feel an illness coming on, I take two supplements: ACES+Zinc and Olive Leaf Extract! Yep! I take them until I feel better, and that's usually soon. It works for me. Let me know if you want more info! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete