Wednesday, July 31, 2013

An update in 13 dashes or less.

I never anticipated that blogging would take an all-the-way-in-the-way-back-trunk-space seat part of my life.
But I had a baby. So it did.

Here's what's happening lately in 13 dashes or less:

my cute "twins" 

-Kyson is 2 months, weighs 13.8 pounds (ch-ch-ch-chunky!), eats like crazy, sleeps like wonderful, is super chill, way happy, and uber snuggly.
-Blake is 2.5, weighs 26 pounds, and is 3 feet tall. He's super talkative, overly friendly, not scared of anyone, and carries on conversations like an adult. He also is very good at convincing: "Just one more, Mom, okay? Okay? One more. Okay." Or "Kyson isn't crying anymore. He is happy now! I helped him and now he is happy and not crying."
-Kaiya is better adjusted but as much as we love her, want to keep her, and will cry when she leaves, we have to give her up. It's just not going to work out to keep her with everything else that is happening. Enough on this or I'll cry.
-Scott is almost done with tri 9. We are working on the possibility of a preceptor-ship in Idaho that would move our family back in October instead of December. Everything is happening so quickly and is very exciting and overwhelming.
-I am busy. Tired. And happy.

-the end.

yes, he was pulling him around in the cart


-Just kidding.
-Me and the hubs finally decided we needed some major lifestyle changes. Not sure how or when it happened, probably somewhere between pushing a 7 pound cantaloupe out of my body and only getting 4 hours of sleep a night, but we got in the habit of eating. Eating much and eating junk. Without exercise.

-Once I realized I was actually gaining weight back, while nursing!, after dropping the initial quick post-baby pounds, and he realized he was teetering at a very precarious weight, we settled on some changes.
-Once again, the myfitnesspal app has been a lifesaver! We set our goals and we input our food. Very quickly we realized we would much rather eat a filling 160 calories of pistachios than a fluffy, airy, 100 calorie granola bar. We've transformed into bunny rabbits and squirrels and eat many a salad, wrap, fruit, and nut at our home.
-He's already lost 5 pounds and I've lost 4! We are also exercising consistently again and feeling very happy.

8 lbs until pre-preg, 13 til goal weight. my jeans fit again!

-I'm telling you, both he and I thrive off of exercise. We are a much happier family when we're active and moving!

-So now comes the moment that I stop writing because I've completely forgotten all the clever, funny, inspiring, controversial, confessional, and interesting blog posts I've composed in my head over the past three weeks. I now slink away and leave you with a simple, uninteresting, generic update on our family.

love, hugs, and cheesecake (that I wish I was currently eating)

happy, sleepy, baby
wanna squish those cheeks? me too

3 comments:

  1. don't ever think your family updates are uninteresting or generic. that's what a blog should be about - your family. and what happens in your family IS important :) so sad you have to give up that cute puppy. wish i could say we'd take her off your hands...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so funny. :) i love that top picture of the two boys. i can't believe how much they look alike! so cute. i was so happy to see an update from you. i miss all my parkway friends. :( hope you can start getting some more sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute update! I just want to love on both those boys. I am THRILLED at the prospect of possibly getting you guys here in October! It will be lovely to have more family "close" by. (2 hours away is close for us!) I am so sorry that you'll be losing little Kaiya. :( That has to be really hard. I am super impressed with you guys and your healthy lifestyle! Will you come and be my personal trainer?!? :)

    ReplyDelete