Thursday, April 5, 2012

One of those "learning" days...

I had a really, sweet, humbling experience today.

However, the details are a little too personal to share much.

Just know that I will be the first person to tell you that I'm not always the most humble person. Sometimes I think I have it all figured out, I feel all put together, or feel like my life is relatively perfect (newsflash: it's really not. at all.) When I was a teenager, I used to think I was really hot stuff. I would strut my stuff and think all the boys wanted me because I was so cute.

I was pretty cute.
And just a little bit cocky.

Senior picture, 2006


Now that I've grown up a little bit, had a baby, and moved halfway across the country into unfamiliar territory, I have come to the realization that:

1. My life is so not perfect, but I have been blessed tremendously
2. I am not the cutest thing that ever walked the earth
3. There are plenty of other people who are just as smart, just as capable, and just as good as I am. If not tons better.
4. I still have an awful lot to learn about life, relationships, friendships, and being a mom.

So now I'm working toward change. Isn't this life about constantly growing, changing, and improving? Oftentimes along the way we need a little kick in the pants to humble us and remind us of what's really important. I got that today.

While you let those words simmer and stew, check out some pictures:


Conference cinnamon rolls about to be baked.
Sorry, I am not at liberty to share this recipe. Currently.
You should know that when these are made right, there is no better Cinnamon Roll on Earth.
My sister makes them right.
I need some practice.

This was in effort to capture the "delicious" concoction Bubs brewed in his cup.
There was water, strawberries, and bits of pasta.
He drank the water.
And ate the food.
It reminds me of someone else we all know very well....


This was in effort to capture the array of crusty faces he has recently discovered how to make. 


Another.
Notice he is acting like a big boy, too?


I promise I'm not bad at taking pictures.
Actually, I don't promise that.
He's just really wiggly.
And he really, really, loves sitting at the table.

One good, semi-clear, shot is all ya really need, right?
Can someone please come be my personal photographer for my life?
for free.
Thank you.

I have no other funny or wise words to say now. 
Except I saw this picture on facebook last night, and I about died laughing. 

2 comments:

  1. The '20's are so challenging in this way! Just wait until AFTER 40, then you KNOW you are humble and so does everybody else!

    PS I love that picture of you--full of sunshine and cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The older your boy gets the cuter he becomes. I think I see a little of Landon in that last face.

    ReplyDelete