Friday, April 13, 2012

New Happenings in our House...er, apartment!

I'm finally back.

Perhaps you may not feel that way, but I sure do! If I go a week without blogging I feel like it's been forever.

Would you like a sneak peek into my past week?
I'm a really good rhymer...

Friday-
I can't remember what happened this day. It was far too long ago. I'm quite sure I ate some chocolate.
Ooh! Wait! It's all coming back to me!
I spent the morning teaching my choreography to a group of youth in the Chesterfield ward who are performing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat next weekend.
I spent the afternoon birthday window-shopping with my dear husband.
I also tried on skinny jeans.
That's monumental.
And a story in and of itself.
I also spilled water on our laptop. Somehow.
It ended up frying the keyboard, which we had to replace, which meant no blogging for a week.

Saturday-
More birthday window shopping plus we finally bought a fun, new, addition for our home!
After 3.5 years of this...

(focus on the card table in the center)

We finally graduated to this!:

TA-DA!!!!!!
A real, grown-up table! (thank you tax refund)


Sunday (Easter)-
Actually went to church at the same time as Mr. Man. Oh, how I wish every Sunday could be like that!
We also enjoyed an Easter dinner with our wonderful family, and I made these killer, amazing, Cupcake Wars worthy, cupcakes.



Monday-
Vet appointment for sweet Kaiya. We got her at 2.8 lbs, she is now 6.8 lbs.
Loads of laundry.
Loads of grocery shopping (25 lbs of flour worth!)
Loads of cleaning.
Got my hair did. It looks killer good. I'll take a picture later.

Tuesday-
Babysat all day.
I made the horrific, gut-wrenching, frustration-invoking, mistake of loading two toddlers in the car and driving 15 minutes to our first of three destinations before realizing I had no wallet. 
On the way home from my last appointment of the day, Bubs and I were rear-ended in our Highlander. It has been a very interesting learning experience.
Thankfully, we did not sustain any major injuries, though my back and neck got pretty sore and tight, so I will be headed to a Chiropractor asap to be worked on. (Mr. Man is fabulous, but I prefer a pro to do the job for something like this!)
Went to YW.

Wednesday-
Helped sort garage sale items.
Doctor's appointment for Bubs. He did great! It's still pretty little, but growing. He surprised the doc by giving her loves and cuddles, then running back to mom, then back to doc, back to mom, several times.
She said he's a "high-velocity" kid, as far as activity level is concerned. She's pretty accurate.
Helped teach more choreography for Joseph.


Thursday-
Babysat all day again.
Went to the Magic House for the first time. It was pretty cool, but I think my baby is still too young to make purchasing a membership worth it. Maybe in 4 years from now? Oh wait, we won't be here anymore! :-)
Started the learning process of working with Insurance.
First night at home this week.

Today (friday)-
Discovered more about Insurance and car accidents. They've been super nice to me, which has been fabulous.
Went walking for the first time in over a week. Stress makes me too overwhelmed to want to do anything but sit around and eat chocolate.
Went to Costco and overfilled our sparse cabinet space with food. I'm not complaining. Anyone need some flour, sugar, cereal, or snacks? I also have some strawberries...
Now I'm home for the 2nd night this week, and I'm procrastinating cleaning the kitchen while listening to Bubs whine on and off while trying to fall asleep.

Was your week as crazy as mine? I hope it was. Please share. It'll make me feel better about my life.

Now I'm off to find more chocolate before hunkering down and cleaning up.

3 comments:

  1. We sure appreciate all the work you are doing for "Joseph." Every week someone always comes up to me and asks who you are says, "she is amazing!" P.S. I thought your hair looked different and you're right! It looked really good!!! Where did you go??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, lets see... this week was Spring Break, so my schedule pretty much went like this:
    Monday-Friday: Gym in the morning, hang out at the house in Orem in the afternoon while Aspen played with neighbor kids & Tysen slept. Came home in the evening & made dinner, put kids to bed, and watched Castle with Jim.
    Saturday: Grocery shopping at Costco & Harmon's with the family, Aspen's soccer game at noon, then home. Oh- I made cookies for a funeral on Friday. Ate about half the batch myself.
    I know, pretty dull week. But nice to have a slower week for once! :)
    Congrats on the new table, it looks so nice! And those cupcakes are really cute. And I want to see a pic of your hair :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm.... I sewed three pairs of leggings... Got my hair cut on Thursday... Had a baby shower from the ward Thursday night... Had a doctors appointment on Friday morning, and got a Mani/Pedi early birthday present from my sister-in-law today. Not a bad week at all! Good luck figuring all the insurance out!

    ReplyDelete