Wednesday, July 30, 2008

2 weeks!

Alright, so it's been a couple weeks since we posted anything and I decided it was time....after reading someone else's blog and thinking how cool it was.
So, updates around here. Well, we have 2 weeks and 1/2 a day until we're married. Crazy! I get to be with Scott again, finally!, in one week and 1/2 a day, and I can't wait. This time, I finally get to see him and be with him and NOT have to leave eachother! I'm definitely looking forward to that. I'm tired of being seperated so much.
Sometimes, I just get these excited, happy, joyful, love surges about Scott and I feel all bubbly and happy and that just happened. hehe. He's so wonderful. I have no idea how he puts up with my crud.
The temple a couple weeks ago was amazing. I was really overwhelmed by the end, but still felt wonderful. The spirit was incredible. I'm still working on writing everything I felt down in a journal. It was the best experience so far as an engaged couple to see eachother inside the temple. Wow. I loved it. Overall, the trip to Nauvoo was amazing and I so enjoyed being with Scott. And he was so cool about my inability to stay awake in the car :-)
Wedding plans are down to the details. I can't wait for all of that to be over, honestly. I'm sick of lists, phone calls, disappointments, appointments, consultations, etc etc. It's a never ending To-Do list, but it's almost over! Everything seriously is gonna be perfect. I can't wait. Ah!
Also, all our insurance stuff, honeymoon plans, phone plan, and apartment is totally working out! Scott and I, mostly Scott, have been stressed with those details, but they're starting to fall into place. Now only if we could suddenly inherit several million dollars... :-)
The best news? I can fit in my wedding dress finally! Haha. I bought it a little tight with plans of losing weight (please laugh now) and it hasn't happened until this past week. I tried it on and it was almost perfect. I think I'm moving toward that new stress level of NOT eating...it's the next step up from stressful eating.
And this is definitely way too long, but I honestly don't think anyone reads it anyways. So who really cares? lol. Maybe I should test it out by asking some question to see if we do have any readers....
What are the most important pieces of furniture for a new apartment? And how much should you spend to furnish the first time?
Tha-tha-that's all folks!
Karissa and Scott

4 comments:

  1. We got your gorgeous wedding announcement today. If was fun to take a peek at your blog! I'm glad your wedding dress is fitting perfectly and that you had a wonderful experieince in the Nauvoo Temple. Wow...only 2 weeks to go until the big day. I'm sorry to say that Tom and I won't be able to be at the wedding since it is my first week of school. We will be thinking of you and wish you the best!
    Love, Uncle Tom and Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. im really glad you FIT INTO YOUR DRESS. and of course I read your blog, how else am i supposed to find out about you? I love you, and as for furniture I say a couch to cuddle, and a table of some sort to eat on. Thats all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about your dress - I can't wait to see you in it! As for furniture, spend as little as you can on the necessities, can we say IKEA!! Beg, borrow, and steal as much as you can. Watch out for anything too big and heavy, as you'll probably move around a lot at first. WAIT for a few years to buy anything too expensive or long term. There are several large purchases we made early on that I regret now because my style has changed. Wait until you get into your first house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karissa, this is your cousin Kathryn. I highly recommend Craigslist for all your first-time furnishing needs. It takes some looking around, but you can get high-quality, really nice-looking stuff for dirt cheap--I should know, because all my furniture except my bedroom set came from Craigslist, and I get compliments on it all the time!

    ReplyDelete