Friday, February 1, 2013

A Saturday in Pictures...and words, because I'm wordy

Sometimes I think it might be fun to take pictures all day of everything that happened that day and then write a blog post about it.
Usually it doesn't happen.
But on Saturday, I was actually thinking, we had a relatively fun day, and I took lots of pictures. 
Here's how it went down.

"Hey Bubs, do you want waffles, pancakes, or eggs for breakfast?"
"Uhmmm, waffles!!"
So, waffles it was. I decided to try a new recipe. They turned out like this:


Thin, floppy, and meaningless.
So I added more flour, fixed the batter, and they ended up great!

After breakfast, we had a family coloring party.
Please, don't steal my amazing art work, I'm working on a copyright.


Following the coloring party, we conjoined in our "play room" and had a "test Karissa's ability to name the artist and song title" with songs on my ipod. Bubs had a great time dancing and Scott was surprised and impressed with my mad skills until The Beatles came on and I had no idea what we were listening to.

Sorry, I was born in the late 80's and not raised on The Beatles.
I know they're like iconic and everything, and they have a couple neat songs, but I much prefer Michael Jackson. Thanks.

Apparently my lack of knowledge was shocking (and devastating) enough to my husband that for the next hour all we heard was The Beatles. Until I couldn't take it anymore and turned everything off.

Moving on.
Bubs really loves laying in bed watching Curious George.
Funny how this happened, because the day before I was telling Scott that I felt a need to limit Bub's tv time a little more, especially when I'm getting ready in the morning. He agreed and said to think of other options. Then I walked in to this sweet scene...while he was getting ready.
"....waaaait a minute, didn't you tell me yesterday I should not do exactly what you're doing? hmmm...."

Regardless, it's precious.
And easier.

Remember when our dog looked like a mop?
Because someone (me) thought it would be kind to let her hair grow out during the winter so she would stay warmer.
Then someone (me) decided months later that that was a dumb idea and she needed a hair cut. Bad.


An hour later...

1 hour, 30 minutes, and a pound of hair later...

Much better.

Then it was time for a trip to the mall.
This cold weather is making me stir crazy. I just want to play outside! Thankfully, the mall has a play place and Bubs loves it. After playing for awhile, we walked around.
He was mesmerized by the giant trampoline with people bouncing and flipping. 

(psst, see that paper in his hand? I drew some trucks on it. He held onto it the whole time at the mall)



"You are not taking a picture of our son in the Princess car!" 
...even though he was so cute and buckled in and smiling.



Mesmerized by the carousal. 
Lions, tigers, bears, oh my!

Of course we had to ride the escalator. 
Which sounds like "alligator" when coming out of a two year old's mouth.

Our day ended with some delicious pork chops and me watching The Taste while hubby played NBA12 on xbox, before we both watched most of the BYU basketball game.

The end!

P.S. Remember how in Missouri it can be freezing, then hot, then freezing again? We took advantage of a 70 degree day and played outside for hours. It was glorious! Bubs loved throwing rocks into the duck pond. 


He also loved when I dropped bread behind us and got the ducks to follow us around. 

He sure is a cutie no matter how much of a stinker he can be!

p.p.s. It's really hard to take a picture of Bubs' face because he gets so excited, grins real big, juts his chin forward, yells "cheese!", and then moves real quick. All in less time than it takes my phone to snap a picture. Thus, blur.


No comments:

Post a Comment